Acne Scar Overview
At OC MedDerm Dermatology office, located in Irvine, Orange County, you will be seen by our physician Dr. Parvin Shafa. She will evaluate you and tailor an acne scar treatment plan based on your needs and goals. There are multiple factors that must be considered before a treatment plan can be finalized. We offer a complimentary consultation to evaluate your skin and explore your treatment options with no obligation!
Feel free to Call us to make an appointment for a Free Consultation or click here to Ask Questions. Learn more about the pros and cons of each treatment option.
Type of Acne Scars
Different types of acne scars need different types of treatment.
Available Acne Scar Treatments
- Topical Products
- Filler Injection
- Lasers Acne Scar Removal
- Chemical Peels, Deep
- TCA CROSS
- Deep Microneedling with PRP
- Surgeries, Scar Excision
Read more about how we treat the acne scar!
What is the best treatment for my acne scars?
Every patient is different. There are many different factors that dictate the plan of action for acne scar removal. The following are some common factors, among many others:
- Severity of acne scar
- Color of the skin
- Color of acne scars, pink or brown discoloration
- Skin thickness and age of the patient
- Previous treatments performed
- Type of acne scar, ice pick, boxcar, atrophic or hypertrophic scar
- Depth of the scar
- Location of the scar
- History of keloid formation
- Length of downtime allowed
- Time frame available for procedure and recovery
- Is there any associated disease such as autoimmune dz
- Genetics or luck for a level of response to treatment
- Cost will be considered as well
See us for a complimentary evaluation and education about acne scar removal options.
Feel free to Ask Questions or Call us to make an appointment for a Complimentary Consultation for your acne scar evaluation. Explore your options for your individual case.
We offer the following types of treatment for acne scar removal:
Gentle topical treatment options to improve mild acne scars
- Corrective creams for acne scars and brown or red acne discoloration
- Chemical peel: multiple superficial peels for gradual improvement with low downtime
- Micro-needling, Dermapen
Aggressive collagen remodeling procedures to lift the scar
- Medium depth peel, concentrated glycolic acid, salicylic acid or mild TCA
- Full face ablative resurfacing CO2 laser is the gold standard laser to stimulate collagen remodeling and synthesis
- Deep needling with PRP
Deep needling with PRP
- Subcision to release tethering fibrotic scars
- Punch excision of deep and small scars such as ice-pick scars
- Subcision with filler and volume placement under acne scar
- Pan-facial volume restoration is a generalized volumizing of the skin and face
- Dermabrasion: for large area resurfacing
- TCA CROSS for collagen stimulation and lifting of atrophic acne scar