Our Physician, Parvin Shafa M.D.
Dr. Parvin Shafa is the founder and practicing physician at OC MedDerm Center. She earned her medical degree and dermatology training from Goethe University in Frankfurt, Germany and graduated at the top of her class.
In the United States, Dr. Shafa completed multiple research programs at the University of California Irvine, which were subsequently published in major medical journals.
Afterwards, Dr. Shafa advanced her dermatology training and completed a residency program in Internal Medicine at Loma Linda University in 1995.
With over twenty years of experience in these two fields, she is able to effectively evaluate patients from the inside out in order to improve her patients’ health and beauty. Dr. Shafa is known among physicians for the depth of her medical knowledge and among patients for her artistic talent with her cosmetic procedures.
Dr. Shafa believes in preventive medicine and is dedicated to educating her patients on how to prevent aging and helping them to regain and maintain their health and beauty.
Dr. Shafa has garnered the following reputations, as deemed by her patients. These represent several of her unique qualities and skills.
- Unique Techniques: Dr. Shafa’s years of hands-on experience have enabled her to pioneer many new and advanced techniques and skills of cosmetic procedures.
- Talent with Injections: Dr. Shafa is exceptionally talented in the use of different injectables, lending her artistic skill to effectively use injectables such as fillers, Botox, and Dysport for both medical and cosmetic purposes.
- Pain Free Procedures: Dr. Shafa performs her procedures so that they are free of pain and discomfort.
- Experience and Gentle Touch: Dr. Shafa is well known for her gentle touch. Her expertise in cosmetic skin care comes from over fifteen years of hands-on experience with injectables.
- Happy and satisfied patients: Dr. Shafa is revered for her honesty. She educates her patients for realistic expectations which accounts for the fact that she truly has 100% patient satisfaction.
- Dr. Shafa is affiliated with Hoag Hospital in Irvine and Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach
- She is an active member of the Following:
-Acne and Rosacea Society
- National Society for Cutaneous Medicine
-The Pacific Dermatologic Association (PDA)
- She is a speaker for early skin cancer detection and treatment
- She has been selected as one of America’s Top Physicians by the Consumers Research Council of America